Ethnic influences appear everywhere today, in our clothes, in our food, in the people we meet on the street, and in the instructions on products we buy. In my work, I struggle to make sense of the immigrant experience, the memories of my own exposure to other cultures, stories from my family’s pioneer past, and the migrant history we share as we work to integrate our society.


I use the form of the headdress and the technique of weaving to describe what we mean to each other and how those meanings come into being. As I weave, I look for signs of what the future holds and I am hopeful and discouraged, fearless and worried, invigorated and weary, but always curious.


Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.